Unitat funcional ufpd
The Functional Unit for the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau was founded in September 2014.
It is a functional and multidisciplinary unit that provides universal access, focused on the prevention and control of STIs, working in collaboration with the Primary Care Unit. It is a reference centre of the Integral Health Department of Barcelona Dreta. It aims to work in coordination with all other providers of services dedicated to patients with STIs in the Integral Health Department of Barcelona Dreta.
Objectives of the Functional Unit for STIs
- Strengthen primary and/or secondary prevention of patients referred due to suspected STIs.
- Improve epidemiological surveillance through:
- Coordination with the Public Health Agency of Barcelona
- Improve the declarations of Diseases that Require Declaration
- Study or refer contacts
- Adequació de la pràctica clínica:
- Universal and immediate accessibility.
- Use of updated guides based on the best evidence.
- Reduction of clinical variability.
- Multidisciplinary focus in complex cases.
- Resolution of the majority of cases in a single visit
- Reference and consultation unit for Primary Care Centres of the Integral Care Department of Barcelona Dreta.
Dr. Joaquín López-Contreras - Infectious Diseases Unit - Internal Medicine Service
Supervisor of the Infectious Diseases Day Hospital
Functional Unit Team
Gemma Ballarín - Nursing of the Infectious Diseases Day Hospital
Dra. Natividad Benito - Infectious Diseases Unit
Dra. Virginia Pomar - Infectious Diseases Unit
Dr. Alexander Rombauts - Infectious Diseases Unit
Dra. Laura Escolà - Infectious Diseases Unit
Dra. Sara Grillo - Infectious Diseases Unit
Dra. Mª Mar Gutiérrez - Infectious Diseases Unit
Dra. Antonella Simonetti - Infectious Diseases Unit
Dra. Maria Gracia Mateo - Infectious Diseases Unit
Dra. Nerea Luqui - Gynaecology and Obstetrics Service
Dra. Cristina Vanrell - Gynaecology and Obstetrics Service
Dra. Pilar Hernández - General and Digestive Surgery Service
Dra. Caridad Morales - Dermatology Service
Dr. Ferrán Sánchez - Microbiology Service
Dra. Montserrat Seres - Emergency Service
Marina Beltrán - Secretary of the Infectious Diseases Unit
Services assigned to the Functional Unit for STIs
This is a multidisciplinary unit featuring the participation of 6 medical services, the nursing unit of the Day Hospital for infectious diseases and a secretary.
- General and Digestive Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
The distribution of visits is carried out from the Secretariat for Infectious Diseases, and these mostly take place in the Day Hospital for Infectious Diseases (Building A, floor 0, module 4), in office no. 3, or in boxes 1 and 2.
Opening hours on working days
Monday to Friday from 11:00 to 13:00. (upon patient request)
General Emergency, Gynaecological Emergency and Dermatology Emergency Services are still operative outside of the opening hours of the Functional Unit.
Marina Beltrán- Secretary of the Infectious Diseases Unit