The functional units are the result of applying a healthcare model that brings together different professionals (specialists, case managers, etc.) who participate in the same clinical process in a common workspace and decision-making process, with the aim of achieving better treatment for the patient.
This healthcare model proposes a change in the paradigm of everyday healthcare activity, and is based on defined schedules for each process, interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary organization, decision-making by consensus and integrated resource management.
The functional units of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau are underpinned by organizational agreements between the various professionals and Services in order to provide a single, well-ordered and staged response for the treatment of the user. All of this must be achieved based on the values of equality, efficiency and quality.
There is an overview below of some of the functional units at the Hospital:
- Locomotive System functional Unit
- Aortic Pathology functional Unit
- Spinal Surgery functional Unit
- Functional Unit for the Treatment of Mesenchymal and Soft Tissue Tumours (Sarcomas)
- Functional Unit for the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Functional Unit for Diabetic Foot (UFPD)
- Functional Unit for Cardiac Failure
- Functional Unit for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Functional Unit for Paediatric Genodermatosis
- Functional Unit for Hidradenitis (UFHS)
- Functional Unit for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Functional Unit for Hemangiomas and Vascular Malformations
- Functional Unit for Cutaneous Immunoallergy
- Functional Unit for Neuromuscular Disorders (UFMNM)
- Functional Unit of Minority Diseases with Movement Disorders
- Functional Unit of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery (UFCBM)
- Breast Cancer Functional Unit (BCFU)
- Pelvic Floor Functional Unit (PFFU)